Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Breakfast at GUSTO 2024/4/4


Felt like having unlimited coffee, a hotcake and a boiled egg for breakfast so rushed off to catch the 9:29AM train to the local Mall after getting some 1990 PINK SAPPHIRE tracks onto my X1 mp3 player this morning.

There are regulars at my local GUSTO, and I briefly introduced my self and chatted with one I have always seen there. As above.  I assume he is there every morning, but the most I have been is once a week for a few consecutive weeks. The place is quiet and great value, but I prefer to be at home most of the time.

I was first living in Japan 1987 to 2001, but have no memory of PINK SAPPHIRE's 1990 debut track P.S. I LOVE YOU. It rocks. Even though I bought the CD single of just as rocking LINDBERG'S 今すぐKiss Me earlier that year.  It is just hit and miss what music is around that you notice. So last week in the eclectic Village Vanguard store I come across DJ和 MY-ROCK MIX of J-Rock with 33 tracks.  I recognized some, so bought it.  It is like a DJ mix, with no break between tracks, and just the best bit of each, maybe half.  This CD introduced me to Pink Sapphire and a few other J-rock bands I hadn't known.


Shame to read that the Pink Sapphire guitarist, Taka, died of breast cancer end of 2023, aged 56.  

I am on Twitter, Instagram, Bluesky, Mastodon and Facebook. That is way to many, except Instagram, Bluesky and Mastodon get 0 interaction for me so looking at them at all is becoming less frequent. They are easy to ignore.

Twitter makes it easy to follow a lot of people, and work out which are actually worth following and maybe interact with. There are many non Japanese in Japan that, apparently, know far more about Japan than Japanese do. Experts on everything, all the time.  I only know about things related to me in my own 19 years here.   So...


We can be found at ArtAndTechnology


No comments: