Saturday, March 23, 2024

Catching Up On Life, Framing it with Things That are Important To Me.

I have been catching up with stuff that had past me by, or I looked at but didn't get back to finishing over the years. Movies, TV Series and other things. Posted about a few already, like SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER and DR.STRANGLELOVE. Or I posted about them from  a different POV in one of my comics.

Another is the works of Mamaru Nagano:


Much of this catching up is that career, family and work meant I had other things to do.  Life just gets in the way of things you wanted to do or try. 

I had my first overseas trip, visiting Japan, Taiwan and Hong Kong in my early 20s. Many in the group I was in were in their 70s, and their first or second trip after they had retired. There are lots of steps in many of the main places to visit there, and some couldn't manage them. I guess travel was not important to them when they were younger.

I "retired" (actually more semi retired), 5 years ago during the process of selling our house in Sydney Australia we had lived in for 18 years. 

On getting back to Japan, after feathering our nests to be comfortable, meant we then had the time to go back and do the things that are important to us. But I have done my travelling already. Lived and worked for decades in both Japan and Australia. Contracted in a few different fields in my technical career, and started freelance illustration. Been to America all over as well as Canada, Germany, France, England, Scotland & New Zealand. It isn't overseas travel I need to do now.

In the last 4 years of "retirement in Japan", I've written and recorded songs, an album or two, done a few comic books, done animated music videos, made my art, gone to see others art,  and made miniatures and sculpted. Have been framing my life with the things that are important to me.

So when do you, and about what, will you catch up on  "life"?

We can be found at ArtAndTechnology


No comments: