Tuesday, April 9, 2024

"LATE STAGE" Life, 2024/4/10

A cartoon on being semi retired, not working fulltime any more, and the things in life you want to do, and those you need to do. I wrote "you" there, but it really just means "me".

I have been doing one of these Just Thinking... comics again everyday for the last week or two.  Even did two on making them, combined here:



A comic on whatever random, incomplete thought I may have just had that morning. But this one about the making of is something have been thinking about for a long time.  

I did a lot of these during the covid years,  some were 3 or more panel strips, others just this single panel. I have bought and used BLAMBOT fonts, I have also looked at his info about lettering comics and his book, but mostly do my own thing, inspired by memes, euro-comics and manga. His lettering comics book seems so American Comic only to me. I guess this is partly as I  never read any American comics growing up, and only see them as a minor arm of the art.  The first comic I ever really read was translated manga THE GHOST IN THE SHELL, then some collected volumes of SPAWN I bought during business trips to America in the 1990s.  Memes, a photo with some text slapped on it, has become a significant format, but I want to do things a bit differently. 

I do these for myself and expect my format will evolve more. Time Capsules for my future self. I may be able to take it somewhere interesting, but may just stop again and try something completely different. It isn't like I have an audience to consider.

Suzume was the TV movie of the week last week, and I recorded it to a BLURAY RECORDER. I useful gadget to have, that I didn't have to buy, as I was given this older model last year.  


Like all this directors movies, it is a Supernatural teenage romance. But the thing that really stuck me, is how beautiful and detailed it makes mundane scenes. Kyoto Animation does the same thing.  Inspiring.



I previously blogged about catching up on stuff I never saw, or never had the opportunity to see.  I am currently watching HOUSE, at one time the most popular TV drama in America.  The first season was really good and I found each episode just really flew past.  The character HOUSE is inspired by SHERLOCK HOLMES, and they are kind of a who done it, except with obscure diseases and medical conditions, so it isn't as if a viewer can guess who done it.  I am on to season 2 now, and some things seem to have changed. Not sure if this is for the better, but still more interesting than most other TV for me at the moment. At least for one hour an evening.

No idea why I never watched it before, and know it was on TV in Sydney when I was there. I guess I just didn't have the time to watch any more hours of TV than I did watch.

A pocket full of music & a coffee is joyous...


You know it to be true 


We can be found at ArtAndTechnology


No comments: