Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Mixed Media Missive: Umeda Osaka 2024 May 21

 


Places to go, Things to see.  Some of the Music/ Guitar Stores at the northern end of Umeda station Osaka.


So another attempt at a musical comic, under 59 seconds, of an outing to Umeda Osaka. Osaka is only 45 minutes by train from here, but with local stores and online shopping, I really don't need to go there, and hadn't for years.
I bought my Ibanez locking nut Trem Ibanez RG at Watanabe Music online, but had never visited till yesterday. Ishibashi Gakki was the least interesting store to me. Just mostly Fender and Gibson. Most of the 5th floor now seemed to be occupied by VOX_MUSIC a vinyl record CD vendor. Shimamura Gakki 8F Loft was better stocked than the store at my local Mall with recording type gear.

None had a BOSS IR-2 Pedal. Most interesting thing BOSS has done in decades to me, other than SPACE ECHO pedals, but may be a "not for Japan" thing, but I have no evidence of this other than it was released overseas many months ago.
So the 8 string guitar I have so far touched has only been the Viking Guitar God Mattias IA Eklundhs!

Also went to the Umeda TOWER RECORDS for the first time. It is 90% K-POP & J-POP with Rock, Jazz and Classical over in the back corner. Really wasn't much different from the local TOWER RECORDS MINI at the local Mall, just bigger. Not a place I ever go in fact.

The music is just done in this memo project I have for all these music-comics, little adlibbed things all very similar, or the same thing done a bit differently, and so more about "the sound" than musical brilliance😀

I am very aware most places are NO PHOTOs, NO VIDEOs and not putting stuff on the Internet that some one could claim is a privacy issue.

Just Thinking... I have gone to more exhibitions, cafes and made more art and music in the last 2 years in Japan here than I did in the previous 19 in Sydney Australia. Being retired is part of it, but the are more exhibitions, art materials and gear around with great public transport in Kyoto Japan. Optical Fibre high speed Internet at home was also impossible where I was in Sydney.

We can be found at ArtAndTechnology


No comments: