Saturday, August 29, 2026

The Studio: Adult Animation & Subjects, like Economics & Pain

 


A song about working in the studio alone. 

Being retired, being alone in the studio ( with just a cat ) making something is what I LOVE to do. Drawing, cartooning, model making, sculpting, painting, producing music and animations are the kind of thing we do most recently. 



To me, making my music is a studio activity, not done live, in exactly the same way I  cartoon.  Not a "live onstage" activity, even if Urasawa Naoki does it during his concerts.


Lyrics:


In the studio 
No one around,
unwatched,
Freedom is found.

With art the anchor, 
The work - The drive,
The piece - the goal
Keeping a vision alive.

No critics guide the hand,
Just shadows on the floor
Wrestling with a spark.
As dreams light up the dark. 
 
Ideas fill the room,
Answers stay at bay.
Each stroke  
A journey from a thought.


Have put The Studio on our Bandcamp as a 2 track release with the song and the original longer instrumental.  I may prefer the Instrumental myself. 

So have done 14 songs in the last months, and feel I have now run out of ideas.  The last few have gotten harder to be satisfied with my lyrics and singing. Has it been singing? Not sure.

 

Other Things

Was rather knocked out by last weeks INTERNET-ing getting only 2 views by someone that wasn't me.


The Remix 11 from the week before getting 400, then the ECONOMICS before that getting only single digits seemed all very strange. All released same time on Saturday mornings.

This seemed more than just the Internet Creator Random Rewards Algorithm  and I wondered if there are subjects that the YOUTUBE AI throttles back.  It seems there are subjects that get reduced exposure by the algorithm, but think in the main cases here, the animation got labelled by the AI as "kids" and throttled back for that reason. YouTube had gotten in trouble in the past and why all that stuff about "for kids?" or not, but the algorithm checking stuff is AI and of course wacko



Redoing the visuals would test that, but not something I care to do at the moment.

UPDATE: The Studio above after 3 hours is doing very poorly too.  Nothing like the views these have gotten just posting original video on Facebook and X.  

Meta has been fined $18B as their site is harmful to children.  Social Media and the focus on ENGAGEMENT is harmful to everyone...  


Our old music technology loving Scotsman in Los Angeles, Cris, has renovated a Fairlight Instruments CMI Series III and recently finished a FAIRLIGHT recorder/mixing Console. They are all multi part follow along videos on his YouTube channel.


Just so different from my own approach.  I was involved in designing and developing the CMI Series III and have NO interest in having one now.  Happy with Reaper on a PC with synths and guitars!

Facebook reminded me that 4 years ago I was far into my HEAVY METAL GARAGE comic book development. I had really forgotten all about it.


I had gotten a decent set of ellipse templates to do this too.  You probably haven't seen, but a big set of Ellipse Templates are REALLY expensive. 


Many hundreds of dollars that I could never justify, but picked up a useable set for 4,000yen on Mercari.


Also a set of ships curves.  These were things I would have liked to have for decades, but just couldn't justify the expense.

But it made me think I should get back to doing another comic book.  Get some more use out of those Ship Curve, Ellipse Templates and try and write some more jokes.


Tangerine Dream: 1967-1985 The Pioneering Years saw a post about it on Facebook, and have ordered my own copy. Stephen Palmer has a blog too.


I have some 14 Tangerine Dream CDs ( and some recent Concert Downloads from the current bands Bandcamp) and still have old magazines about them. But it isn't that I play there stuff all the time, I just come back to it a lot.



Our adult daughter from Sydney will be staying with us for a few weeks, and I expect I may not get around to any of this blog and related music stuff during her stay...


We can be found at ArtAndTechnology  KYOTO JAPAN

No comments: