Thursday, September 16, 2021

One Page comic on Andrew Schep Mix Tricks

 


We wrote, recorded, mixed and mastered 5 new songs in the last few months. That they had multitracked vocals was pretty new to me. I mixed them pretty much they way I have for the last 10 years. lead guitars have delay effects, and bass is dry. A little plate reverb on rhythm guitars , drums and vocals.

Everything has EQ to remove out of useful band stuff and compression. I have never put a compressor on the mixed output. Final loudness is controlled in a separate mastering project with Ozone5, and I don't use it's multiband compressor. Doesn't do anything I like.

So I was thinking I should try something new, so have tried a bunch of mix tricks from YouTube in a remix of THE_BOTS_ARE_AT_IT_AGAIN. 

Still searching...


  

No comments: