This is our current Reaper set up for recording our Podcast.
- A temp track to record vocals to.
- The final track good edited takes are moved to. Has a 70Hz HP filter on it.
- Effects track. A synth swoosh we are using for transitions.
- Music track. We we have brought in 3 of our tracks and selected just short sections.
- Reverb. ValhallaDSP's Vintage Verb to apply to the voice and effects.
- And we put Ozone 5 as a master effect to compress and limit the result, to make it loud and consistent. Not the way we work for music production.
I am doing very little editing, other than removing too long pauses and interruptions. Aren't fixing miss pronounced words, as it just makes it a much longer process to do that, and I want to keep it quick, and like a friendly chat.
And we have decided to put the Podcast archive on SoundCloud, instead of our server, and allowed them to be downloaded:
We can be contacted at Art and Technology. Which is also where the podcasts are.