Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Our Free To Download Comic Books

 


Here are the links to download all our free .cbr formatted comic books.  I use the YACReader.

These were on our website. They all still have the now dead website url and watermark on them and it is just way too much trouble to change that. 


Where The Smoke Comes Out

46 pages. Name is from the inscription musician Peter Gabriel put on an Album he gave me. Inspired by the Historical/Autobiographical work SHOWA, by Shigeru Mizuki, Has historical and personal memories of looking what influenced me to end up where I did. From Sydney Australia, to Japan, to Australia and back to Japan, with 20+ years in the electronic Musical Instrument development Industry, then not. Not an Autobiography, just a few memories.  Combines Narrative Captions, comics and Black & White photos

DOWNLOAD .cbr File.



IN THE NEXT DIMENSION

31 pages. Bright, colorful very simple vector graphic SF stories in the next dimension. Done in a style I have not used before so that the art is quick to do. Most of the Vector Illustration I get commissioned to do is very different and more time consuming than this to do. Kind of a fun break.

DOWNLOAD .cbr File.



Heavy Metal Garage

A 20 pages car based comic. Maybe inspired by old Topgear or The Grand Tour, just a little. Pen on Paper drawn cars and vector old guys. In glorious gray scale, black and white. Mostly.


DOWNLOAD .cbr File.


The Shadow

26 pages on the History of THE SHADOW car racing team started at the end of the 1960s by someone who may have been a CIA SPY. Black &White comic.

DOWNLOAD .cbr File.



My Music

14 page book.  8 pages on how I wrote and recorded 6 songs in 2021 in our studio, 2 pages on Headphone thoughts and 4 pages on the history of Listening To Music In Stereo. Black &White comic.

DOWNLOAD .cbr File.


Just Thinking

56 pages of the comic strips and comics I did over the 2 years mostly around living in the time of covid in the outer suburbs of  Kyoto Japan. Mostly off the cuff thoughts. Black &White comic. We moved back to Japan just before the Pandemic hit.

DOWNLOAD .cbr File.


Terraform1

17 pages. The first actual comic book I tried to write and draw in 2017, after many years of just doing single panel and strip joke cartoons. 

After reading all 40 years of the French SF graphic novel "Valerian and Lareline" by writer Pierre Christin and artist Jean-Claude M zi res and the 6 volumes of the amazing "Orbital" by writer Sylvain Runberg and artist Serge Pell, I wanted to try something along those lines.  They mix world building, amazing SF tech and their world view, into something truly amazing

It is inspired by Japanese Manga and the French Album approaches, rather than Marvel or DC Comics. "A Contract with God" has also been a layout  influence.  I'm sure "Orbital" would have taken a month per page with his elaborate oil pastel artwork, so I cannot say I'm trying to be the equal of those works at all.


It was hard to do this quite traditionally. Took months working just with spare time on weekends. Just finishing it become the goal. I do like some of the ideas in it, even if things are more just stated rather than evolve as they should in a story.


DOWNLOAD .cbr File.


The Heavy Metal Garage Strip

We have yet to do a book collection of the 46 Heavy Metal Garage strips I did before stopping.

Here are a few:






Could release them all, but the reality is the AI skimmers were the only one downloading them so why bother? 


Adrian Bruce ©2026 KYOTO, JAPAN
(Previously of now defunct artandtechnology website)
Blog: https://art-and-technology.blogspot.com/
Our Music: https://megacurve.bandcamp.com/
X: https://x.com/Megacurve
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/adrian.bruce.9
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@adriansbruce/
Zazzle: http://www.zazzle.com.au/artandtechnology
Pinterest: https://jp.pinterest.com/arttechdesign/

No comments: